The Biosimilar Promise: An Introduction for Prescribers
April 12, 2016
The biosimilars age has arrived with the promise of an expanding array of therapeutic options for patients and physicians battling serious diseases and conditions. As prescribers of biologics, we believe that realizing the biosimilar promise requires awareness of the differences between biosimilars and generics, and among biologics themselves, as well as an understanding of the distinctive therapeutic choices they represent.
This introductory handbook:
- Places biosimilars within the context of the biologics revolution,
- Outlines the regulatory process,
- Describes the development and manufacturing challenges,
- Reviews prescribing considerations, and
- Discusses the importance of safe use and monitoring.